BriteVu is a high radiodensity contrast media to be used only in terminal subjects. Each 8oz jar contains 170 g of powdered material. BriteVu (1 part in grams) is mixed with water and other select water soluble solvents (3-4.5 parts in ml at full strength). When properly mixed at full strength, each jar can produce approximately 510-765 ml of smooth white liquid contrast material. This is enough material to perfuse 10-15 adult mice and 5-9 adult rats (< 300 g).
The contents of each bag are mixed per the directions below and infused into the test subject. Infuse the product into the system being evaluated. For example, for blood vessel evaluation infuse BriteVu intravascularly. As a note, protocols can vary significantly based on intended results. The protocol below provides the most common guidelines for use.
The subject is then later scanned using radiographs, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) depending on the study.
For Best Results Mix 1 Part BriteVu (in grams) to 3.0-4.5 Parts Distilled Water (in cc):
(As an example, mix 25 grams of BriteVu in 75-113 cc of water)
- Heat the appropriate amount of water in a glass beaker with mixing rod to at least 40-45 deg C on a stirring hot plate.
- If using BriteVu Enhancer, mix in the warm water at this point.
- Mix the appropriate amount of BriteVu into the heated water bath with mixing rod stirring such that all powder goes into solution.
- Heat solution to 70-80 deg C for at least 10 minutes.
- Immediately perfuse the entire solution at 45-65 deg C into the deceased subject. If using BriteVu Enhancer, perfusions can be performed at 35-50 deg C preserving tissue histology.
- Further cool the subject at room temperature, or in a cold water bath, for 45-60 minutes to ensure solidification prior to imaging.
- If fixation is desired, immerse whole test subject or selected tissues in fixative after perfusion with BriteVu.
- Protocols can vary based on intended results. Go to Usage for more details.
Item #: 040232483479
Comparison of Commercially Available Terminal Vascular Contrast Agents
***PLEASE NOTE: Customer is responsible for customs duties and taxes for international shipments.
Please allow 2-4 business days to process order prior to shipping. Contact us for other shipping arrangements (especially rush orders or using your own carrier).