BriteVu 170g Basics:
BriteVu is a high radiodensity contrast media to be used only in terminal subjects. Each 8oz jar contains 170 g of powdered material. BriteVu (1 part in grams) is mixed with distilled water or other select water soluble solvents (3-4.5 parts in ml at full strength). When properly mixed, each jar can produce approximately 510-765 ml of smooth white liquid contrast material. This is enough material to perfuse 10-15 adult mice and 5-9 adult rats (< 300 g).
The contents of each jar are mixed per the directions below and perfused into the test subject. Perfuse the product into the system being evaluated. For example, for blood vessel evaluation perfuse BriteVu intravascularly. As a note, protocols can vary significantly based on intended results. The protocol below provides the most common guidelines for preparation.
The perfused subject is later scanned using radiographs, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or ultrasound depending on the study.
Item #: 040232483479
-Computed Tomography (CT)
-Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
-Photography and Videography
For Best Results Mix 1 Part BriteVu (in grams) to 3.0-4.5 Parts Distilled Water (in cc):
(As an example, mix 25 grams of BriteVu in 75-113 cc of water)
- Heat the appropriate amount of distilled water in a glass beaker with mixing rod to at least 40-45 deg C on a stirring hot plate.
- If using BriteVu Enhancer, add to the warm water and mix for at least 1 minute.
- Add the appropriate amount of BriteVu into the heated water bath with mixing rod stirring such that all powder goes into solution.
- Heat solution to 70-80 deg C for at least 10 minutes.
- Immediately perfuse the entire solution at 45-65 deg C into the deceased subject. If using BriteVu Enhancer, perfusions can be performed at 35-55 deg C preserving tissue histology.
- Cool the perfused subject (ice water bath, refrigerator, etc) until BriteVu mixture solidifies and then perform imaging studies.
- Alternatively, the cooled subject and/or its tissues can be stored in fixative for later scanning.
- Protocols can vary based on intended results. Go to Protocols for more details.
-Easy to use.
-Penetrates to the capillary level.
-Produces outstanding casts compatible with CT, MRI, ultrasound, photgraphy and videography.
***PLEASE NOTE: Customer is responsible for customs, duties and taxes for international shipments.
Please allow 2-4 business days to process order prior to shipping. Contact us for other shipping arrangements (especially rush orders or using your own carrier).