BriteVu Special Projects is a high radiodensity contrast media to be used only in terminal subjects. The product bag contains enough BriteVu, when mixed at full strength, to perfuse 10 kg of vascular tissue.
Compared with the other BriteVu products, Special Projects is generally reserved for large subjects.
The contents of each bag are mixed per the directions below and infused into the test subject. Infuse the product into the system being evaluated. For example, for blood vessel evaluation infuse BriteVu intravascularly. As a note, protocols can vary significantly based on intended results. The protocol below provides the most common guidelines for use.
The subject is then later scanned using radiographs, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) depending on the study.
For Best Results:
- Heat 3 L of water in a large mixing tank to at least 50 deg C.
- Empty entire contents of 1 bag into the heated water bath with mixing rod stirring such that all powder goes into solution.
- Heat solution to 70-80 deg C for at least 10 minutes.
- Immediately perfuse the entire solution at 70-80 deg C into the deceased subject.
- Further cool the subject at room temperature, or in a cold water bath, for 60-90 minutes to ensure solidification prior to imaging.
- If fixation is desired, immerse whole test subject or selected tissues in fixative after perfusion with BriteVu.
- Protocols can vary based on intended results. Go to Usage for more details.
Item #: 040232270789
Please contact for pricing and additional details.
Comparison of Commercially Available Terminal Vascular Contrast Agents
***PLEASE NOTE: Customer is responsible for customs duties and taxes for international shipments.
Please allow 2-4 business days to process order prior to shipping. Contact us for other shipping arrangements (especially rush orders).